DYB Uniform Patch Application
DYB uniform patches are heat seal patches, not iron-on patches. These are general instructions for use with a commercial heat press machine. The temperature and time to heat patch will vary with the type of material. Use caution with fabrics with a high elasticity, or on fabrics that may be damaged by the heat. Please test your fabric before applying your patches. Heat seal backing may also be used to hold your patch in place while sewing it onto the garment.
Using a commercial heat press machine
- Heat garment patch area to 325-375 degrees depending on the type of material used in the garment and whether the heat press heats from the top down or bottom up.
- Place the Heat Sealpatch on heated area of garment.
- Close your heat press at a temperature of 325-375 degrees with normal patch to garment pressure for 15 to 20 seconds depending on the garment fabric type.
- Repeat this procedure on the back side of the garment.
- Allow the embroidered patch to cool normally on your garment and your patch will be permanently applied.
- Heat seal backing may also be used to hold your patch in place while sewing it onto the garment.